Friday 21 August 2015

Meet Sam Gregory

Saffron Walden Committee Member John Power recently met up with the Club’s new Striker, Sam Gregory for a Q & A Session.

1. JP: Tell us about your football background.
  
SG: After school and college football in Chelmsford I joined the City Academy and played in the Reserve’s Team in 2013.
  
2. JP: Why did you choose to play for Saffron Walden?
  
SG: I wanted to go out on loan because I want more game time. I spoke with Jason who invited me to Catons Lane for training and I enjoyed this; in fact I played a few matches here on loan last Season.
  
3. JP: Now you are the First Team striker what are your biggest problems?
  
SG: Well, playing against big and burley Central Defenders is a problem. I am fairly new in playing men’s football.
  
4. JP: How has the Season will develop for you?
  
SG: First I want to get my confidence up. This I can do by scoring goals and I want the team to finish as high as possible in the league. My own target is to score goals to reach double figures at least for the Season.
  
5. JP: Tell us about yourself?
  
SG: I am 19 years old and I live in Chelmsford with my mum. She is very supportive of my football and she comes to the matches when she can. I have finished at college and I now work as a soccer youth coach.
  
6. JP: Moving away from football, are you into karaoke?
  
SG: Certainly not! I do not have a voice and the only time I sing is when I am in my car on my own.
  
7. JP: What was the first single record you ever bought?
  
SG: I have never bought a record as all my music is on my phone. My favourite singer is Drake.
  
8. JP: What are you like at home with your domestic and cooking skills? Who would you invite to dinner and what would you cook for them?
  
SG: I certainly do my bit at home and in the kitchen. My dinner guests would be Wayne Rooney, David Beckham and Rihanna! I would prepare steak with all the trimmings.
  
9. JP: Take us through the best goal you have ever scored.
 
SG: This was at Melbourne Park about 5 years ago versus Stanway. I was at the half way line, the ball fell to me and I volleyed it first time and with my weaker left foot I lobbed it over the keeper.
  
10. JP: Who is your Sporting Hero?
  
SG: David Beckham.
  
11. JP: If your house was burning down, which one possession would you save?
  
SG: My mum!
  
12. JP: Which TV programme can’t you miss?
  
SG: I don’t really watch much TV
  
13. JP: What was the last film you saw?
  
SG: Jurassic World
  
14. JP: What is your favourite holiday destination?
  
SG: Magalluf in Majorca
  
JP: Thank you Sam for your time, all the fans wish you and the Team all the best for the rest of Season.
  
UP THE BLOODS!

No comments:

Post a Comment